Crossing Guard Joe is an action arcade game where you step into the working man’s boots of a humble crossing guard as he battles the combined forces of angry motorists and bureaucratic red tape while trying to shepard kids across the deadly crosswalks of Monoxide City.
- The gameplay requires hands-on action and quick thinking. The drivers of Monoxide City have no respect for traffic laws, pedestrians, common decency, or YOU. They won’t stop for anything so you’ll need to be quick on your feet and able to make snap-decisions to safely shepard all the kids across the street.
- The easy-to-learn 4-button control scheme is intuitive even to casual players. But the challenge of the levels ramp up steadily. Easy to pick up, hard to master.
- Besides angry motorists you’ll also have to contend with the bureaucrats down at city hall hitting you with ever more strict rules regarding how many kids are allowed to get pancaked on a given day.
- 5 days a week for 5 weeks. As you progress through the 25 level campaign you will face ever-worsening traffic conditions and environmental hazards. You start the game off with nothing but your trusty stop-sign and your pointing-arm, but as you progress you might find helpful objects, like barriers and traffic lights.
- Your score is determined by speed, crossing-combos, and of course how many kids you manage to get across the street. Refine your strategy for each level for better scores and reach for the top spot on the online leaderboards.
Crossing Guard Joe will be released on Steam late 2021, for Windows.